- Length: 230cm
- Blades: 7" x 19"
- Weight: 43oz
- Feathering Angles: -60°, 0°, +60°
- 2-Piece carbon fiber snap-button ferrule
- Drip rings
- Finish: gloss (shellac, UV resistant spar varnish, wax)
What's in this paddle?
- Soft Maple: A popular, fast growing decorative tree that grows in Eastern USA and Canada. The term “Soft Maple” does not refer to any specific species of maple, but rather, it’s a broad term which includes several different species of maple. Soft maple is only slightly softer than hard, sugar maple.
- Wenge: The wenge tree originates in central Africa. Heartwood is medium brown, sometimes with a reddish or yellowish hue, with nearly black streaks. Upon application of a wood finish (particularly an oil finish) the wood can become nearly black.
- White Oak: The white oak tree grows in Eastern United States. The heartwood is a light to medium brown, commonly with an olive cast. Oak is regarded as one of the most beautiful woods to work with because of its grain pattern and character.
- Purpleheart: This tree grows in Mexico down to tropical South America. When freshly cut the heartwood of Purpleheart is a dull grayish/purplish brown. Upon exposure the wood becomes a deeper eggplant purple. With further age and exposure to UV light, the wood becomes a dark brown with a hint of purple. This color-shift can be slowed and minimized by using a UV inhibiting finish on the wood.