- Length: 58"
- Blade: 6.75" x 26" winnebago
- Grip: asymmetrical palm
- Weight: 30oz
- Finish: gloss (shellac, spar varnish, wax)
*Unfortunately, the carving process revealed a small "crack" within the wood on one of the blade halves. The crack has been filled with resin however, so the paddle is structurally sound and fully functional. We have still discounted this paddle to account for the aesthetic issue!
- Poplar: The Poplar tree grows in Eastern USA & Canada. The heartwood is light cream to yellowish brown, with occasional streaks of gray or green.
- Walnut: The walnut tree grows in Mid and Eastern United States and Canada. The heartwood can range from a lighter pale brown to a dark chocolate brown with darker brown streaks. Its color can also have a grey, purple, or reddish cast.
- Ipe: This tree grows in the Tropical Americas (Central and South America). The heartwood can vary in color from reddish brown, to a more yellowish olive brown or darker blackish brown; sometimes with contrasting darker brown/black stripes. Ipe is a wood of extremes: extremely dense and durable, as well as extremely difficult to work.