This item is currently sold out. If you have interest in purchasing this model, contact us!
- Listing is for a single paddle
- Blade: 5.5" x 28" ottertail
- Grip: asymmetrical palm
- Length: 58"
- Weight: 30oz
- Finish: gloss (nonblush epoxy, UV resistant spar varnish, wax)
- 4 oz fiberglass
What's in this Paddle?:
- Walnut: The walnut tree grows in Mid and Eastern United States and Canada. The heartwood can range from a lighter pale brown to a dark chocolate brown with darker brown streaks. Its color can also have a grey, purple, or reddish cast.
- Maple: A popular, fast growing decorative tree that grows in Eastern USA & Canada. The term “Soft Maple” does not refer to any specific species of maple, but rather, its a broad term which includes several different species of maple. Soft maple is only slightly softer than hard, sugar maple.
- Honduran Mahogany: Also known as genuine mahogany, grows in Southern Mexico to central South America. Its color ranges vary from yellowish-brown to orange to reddish-brown. Mahogany also exhibits an optical phenomenon known as chatoyancy.
- Red Oak: Arguably the most popular hardwood in the United States, this tree grows in Northeastern United States and Southeastern Canada. The heartwood is a light to medium brown, commonly with a reddish cast.
- White Oak: The white oak tree grows in Eastern United States. The heartwood is a light to medium brown, commonly with an olive cast. Oak is regarded as one of the most beautiful woods to work with because of its grain pattern and character.
- Paela: Also known as chakte viga, this is an exotic hardwood from tropical areas of Mexico and Central America. Its heartwood is a bright orange to golden brown that deepens with age and exposure. Paela is extremely rot resistant, with reports stating that the wood lasts up to 100 years in the elements.