- Length: 230cm
- Blades: 7 1/8 x 19"
- Weight: 49 oz
- Feathering Angles: -60°, 0°, +60°
- 2-Piece carbon fiber snap-button ferrule
- Drip rings
- Finish: gloss (shellac, nonblush epoxy, UV resistant spar varnish, wax)
What's in this paddle?:
- Figured Bigleaf Maple: Native to the pacific northwest of the United States, Bigleaf Maple gets it's name unsurprisingly from it's large leaves measuring up to 12" in width. Bigleaf Maple is a variation of Soft Maple. It's the most common maple in the pacific northwest. This particular piece has some significant figure and shows some chatoyancy that's not normally seen in maple.
- East Indian Rosewood: This is an exotic wood native to the Southern India peninsula. Its heartwood can vary from a golden brown to a deep purplish brown, with darker brown streaks. The wood darkens with age, usually becoming a deep brown. It is hard and dense, with a coarse texture and good stability.
- Cherry: A domestic wood from Eastern USA and Canada that is usually considered to be in the same class as mahogany for usage in the United States. It is strong and fairly durable. The heartwood is light salmon to reddish-tan in color when freshly cut, but cherry is very photosensitive and dramatically darkens over the course of its life to a rich reddish-brown with exposure to air and sunlight.