This is a made-to-order listing. Order now and we will ship in 4-6 weeks!
Model Specifications (unless otherwise requested):
- Blade: 5.75" x 21"
- Length: please specify
- Weight: approximately 38-42oz
- Feathering Angles: -60°, 0°, +60°
- 2-Piece carbon fiber snap-button ferrule
- Drip rings
- Finish: gloss (shellac, nonblush epoxy, UV resistant spar varnish, wax)
If you are interested in additional options (e.g., fiberglass, tip protection), please inquire.
What's in this paddle?
- Soft Maple: A popular, fast growing decorative tree that grows in Eastern USA and Canada. The term “Soft Maple” does not refer to any specific species of maple, but rather, it’s a broad term which includes several different species of maple. Soft maple is only slightly softer than hard, sugar maple.
- Redheart: Also known as chakte kok, this is an exotic hardwood from Central America and the Eastern Coast of Mexico. The vivid red bark is so unique it is difficult to make a comparison. The vibrant color quickly fades to a reddish brown in direct sunlight, though this color change can be slowed by using a finish with UV inhibitors, and keeping the wood away from strong lighting. This wood is listed as "moderately rare" according to the Wood Encyclopedia.
- Walnut: The walnut tree grows in Mid and Eastern United States and Canada. The heartwood can range from a lighter pale brown to a dark chocolate brown with darker brown streaks. Its color can also have a grey, purple, or reddish cast.