250 275 $250.00 - $275.00
This is a made-to-order listing. Order now and we will ship in 4-6 weeks!
- Blade: 5.5" x 28" ottertail
- Grip: asymmetrical palm
- Length: varies
- Weight: 26-28oz
- Finish: gloss (shellac, UV resistant spar varnish, wax)
- 4oz fiberglass (optional)
What's in this Paddle?:
- Walnut: The walnut tree grows in Mid and Eastern United States and Canada. The heartwood can range from a lighter pale brown to a dark chocolate brown with darker brown streaks. Its color can also have a grey, purple, or reddish cast.
- Maple: A popular, fast growing decorative tree that grows in Eastern USA & Canada. The term “Soft Maple” does not refer to any specific species of maple, but rather, its a broad term which includes several different species of maple. Soft maple is only slightly softer than hard, sugar maple.
- Honduran Mahogany: Also known as genuine mahogany, this tree grows in Southern Mexico to central South America. Its color ranges vary from yellowish-brown to orange to reddish-brown. Mahogany also exhibits an optical phenomenon known as chatoyancy.
- Red Oak: Arguably the most popular hardwood in the United States, this tree grows in Northeastern United States and Southeastern Canada. The heartwood is a light to medium brown, commonly with a reddish cast.
- White Oak: The white oak tree grows in Eastern United States. The heartwood is a light to medium brown, commonly with an olive cast. Oak is regarded as one of the most beautiful woods to work with because of its grain pattern and character.
- Paela: Also known as chakte viga, this is an exotic hardwood from tropical areas of Mexico and Central America. Its heartwood is a bright orange to golden brown that deepens with age and exposure. Paela is extremely rot resistant, with reports stating that the wood lasts up to 100 years in the elements.