- Blades: 7.5" x 19"
- Length: 86.5" (~220cm)
- Weight: 40oz
- Feathering Angles: -60°, 0°, +60°
- 2-Piece carbon fiber snap-button ferrule
- Drip rings
- Finish: gloss (shellac, nonblush epoxy, UV resistant spar varnish, wax)
What's in this paddle?:
- Cherry: A domestic wood from Eastern USA and Canada that is usually considered to be in the same class as mahogany for usage in the United States. It is strong and fairly durable. The heartwood is light salmon to reddish-tan in color when freshly cut, but cherry is very photosensitive and dramatically darkens over the course of its life to a rich reddish-brown with exposure to air and sunlight.
- Soft Maple: A popular, fast growing decorative tree that grows in Eastern USA and Canada. The term “Soft Maple” does not refer to any specific species of maple, but rather, it’s a broad term which includes several different species of maple. Soft maple is only slightly softer than hard, sugar maple.
- Redheart: Also known as chakte kok, this is an exotic hardwood from Central America and the Eastern Coast of Mexico. The vivid red bark is so unique it is difficult to make a comparison. The vibrant color quickly fades to a reddish brown in direct sunlight, though this color change can be slowed by using a finish with UV inhibitors, and keeping the wood away from strong lighting. This wood is listed as "moderately rare" according to the Wood Encyclopedia.